If you want to host videos or other large files on your website you will need Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) to keep your costs in check and provide the best user experience with fast download times. Amazon S3 is a simple system to use to manage streaming video to your website. Rather than use your hosting bandwidth, Amazon will sell you bandwidth for pennies and only if you use it. it’s the best deal on the market for smaller marketers to operate like the big boys. This video series will show you everything you need to know to use it.
- Amazon S3 – Introduction – Video 1
Amazon S3, which stands for Simple Storage Service, is a system provided by Amazon that allows you to use their server and bandwidth infrastructure to manage large file transfers on your website. This video explains what it is and why you would want to use it with your website.
- Amazon S3 – What Does It Cost – Video 2
This video discusses how Amazon S3 is priced, which you will be happy to learn, is very low. Learn how pricing is determined based on your usage.
- Amazon S3 – Set Up Your S3 Account – Video 3
This video will walk you through how to set up your Amazon S3 account so you can begin using it right away.
- Amazon S3 – How To Transfer Files – Video 4
This video will how you how to use free tools to add your files to your Amazon S3 account.
- Amazon S3 – Using Cloudberry Explorer – Video 5
One of the tools discussed in Video 4 was Cloudberry Explorer, and this video will walk you through setup and configuration of Cloudberry and your Amazon S3 account.
- Amazon S3 – How To Create Buckets – Video 6
When you start adding files to your S3 account you will want to organize them in such a way as to set access permissions for them. To do this you will need to create “buckets” and provide permissions for the files in that bucket. Buckets allow you to control who/what can access your files.
- Amazon S3 – How To Share Your Files – Video 7
As a continuation of the last video, this video will show you the correct way to share your files with other S3 account holders or your website application.
- Amazon S3 – How To Create Expiring URLs – Video 8
There are going to be times when you need to make files accessible for a limited amount of time, or you want to provide a level of security to your files. To do this you can create expiring URLs for your files in your S3 account. This video will show you how.
- Amazon S3 – Manage Your Account Using Firefox Tools – Video 9
Many marketers realize the extensibility of using Firefox when working on their website. There are free tools that allow you to use Firefox to easily manage your S3 account. This video will show you to install Fox Organizer.
- Amazon S3 – How To Setup Fox Organizer – Video 10
This video is a continuation of Video 9. This video will walk you through setup of Fox Organizer.
- Amazon S3 – Create Buckets With Fox Organizer – Video 11
You have already learned what “buckets” are, now learn how to use Fox Organizer to create and manage them.
- Amazon S3 – How To Share Files With Fox Organizer – Video 12
You have learned about sharing files in a previous video, now learn how to do this using Fox Organizer.
- Amazon S3 – Synchronize Folders With Fox Organizer – Video 13
This video will show you how to synchronize your folders with Fox Organizer to make managing your S3 account a breeze.
- Amazon S3 – Create Expiring URLs in Fox Organizer – Video 14
In a previous video you learned how to create an expiring URL for your S3 files using Cloudberry Explorer. This video will show you how to do it with Fox Organizer.
- Amazon S3 – Your Account Logs – Video 15
At some point you may need to verify that your files are not be accessed inappropriately or you may want to track how your files are being accessed. This video shows you how to access and view your account logs.
- Amazon S3 – How To Stream Video From Your S3 Account – Video 16
This video will show you how to setup video streaming from your S3 account to your website or blog. This is one of the primary reasons people use Amazon S3 for their websites.